Gravesand’s apparatus is a useful apparatus to measure the unknown weight of any body. It consists of 2 known weights which pass over two pulleys and support the body of unknown weight. It determines weight of body using parallelogram law of vectors.
- To find the unknown weight of any body.
- To familiarize with the parallelogram law of forces.
- To familiarize with the laws of the addition of vectors.
It consists of:
Gravesand’s Apparatus , Paper Sheet ,Weights ,Threads ,Mirror Strips, Pencil.
Complete Set of Equipment Consisting of
- Slotted weight with hanger (5Kg, each 1 Kg): 3 Nos
- Pulleys (Brass): 4 Nos
- Spring Balance (Range from 1-10 Kg): 1 Nos
- Base Stand
- Spirit Level