Using the supplied weir plates, the measurement of flow rate in open channels can be investigated. They are used together with the hydraulic bench. Water is fed from the hydraulic bench into a section of channel, the water then flows over the weir into the volumetric tank and back to the sump tank. A weir with a V notch (Thomson weir) and a weir with a rectangular notch are provided for the investigations. A depth gauge for the determination of the weir head is included.
- Together with the hydraulic bench, the following topics can be addressed:
- Determination of weir head.
- Determination of volumetric flow rate.
- Demonstrating characteristics of flow over rectangular and notch.
- Determine coefficient of discharge.
- Self-sealing weir panels, manufactured from stainless steel
- Level gauge to determine the weir head
- Thomson weir with notch 90° and 30° rectangular weir notch wxh 50x100mm and wxh 25x100mm