Flow control training system offers to learn the basic fundamentals of control engineering. The experimental set-up is mounted in a housing which accommodates all the electronics.
A piping system with two flowmeters is supplied with flow by a speed controlled pump from the transparent storage tank. The rotameter offers the advantage that the flow rate can be observed directly at any time. The flow rate is measured by a turbine wheel flow sensor.
The sensor output signal is sent to the software controller. The output signal from the controller influences the setting of an electromagnetic proportional valve. To investigate the influence of disturbance variables, the pump speed can be altered by way of the software. The software designed is LabView. The software is an integral part of the training system, embodying the principle of hardware/software integration (HSI). It enables the experiments to be conducted and evaluated in a user friendly manner.
The software has network capability. The link between the experimental unit and the PC is made via a USB port.
- Experimental unit for control engineering experiments
- Flow control system with variable-area flowmeter
- Electromagnetic proportional valve as actuator
- Turbine wheel flow sensor
- Generation of disturbance variables by altering pump speed
- Process schematic on front panel
- DAQ with simulation software via USB under Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Storage tank:
- Capacity: approx. 3L
- Power consumption: 72W
- Max. flow rate: 7L/min
- Max. head: 20m
- Rotameter: 20…250L/h
- Proportional valve:
- Kvs: 0.7m³/h
- Flow sensor: 0.5…15L/min
- Software controller configurable as P, PI, PID and switching controller
- Process schematic with controller type selection (manual, continuous controller, two or three-point controller, programmer)
- Disturbance variable input
Required for Operation
- 230V, 50/60Hz, 1 phase or 120V, 60Hz/CSA, 1 phase