The mechanism demonstrates the relationship between the ratio of the number of teeth on spur gears and the transmission ratio of gears. With straightforward experiments, the torque conversion in gear wheel pairs and the efficiency of a gear unit are investigated. The model is intended for wall mounting. The well-structured instructional material sets out the fundamentals and provides a step-by-step guide through the experiments.
- Learning the key variables and correlations of a spur gear
- Velocity ratios of spur gears.
- Gear with intermediate wheel or two-stage gearing.
- Influence of friction on transmission.
- Determining efficiency.
- Determining mechanical advantage.
- Demonstration and student experimental unit on set-up and principle of toothed
- Gearing mechanisms
- 4 Cobalt Colored steel gear wheels
- 2 anodized aluminium cable pulleys
- Ball bearing-mounted gear wheels and pulleys
- Anodized aluminium base plate