This apparatus is used in demonstration of the concept of clutch friction. The apparatus makes use of clutch plates. Clutch plates are objects that are used to connect and disconnect driven part from the driving part temporarily. The apparatus consists of a flat disc made of leather against which a clutch plate is loaded. The clutch plate is securely connected to an effort pulley using screws. A torque is applied to the effort pulley by dead weight using two load cords. The main load on the effort pulley and thus the clutch plate is applied by a loading arm system via a thrust bearing.
- To investigate the behavior of flat clutch plates.
- To investigate the Behavior of different clutch plates of different Materials.
- Comparison of different methods of calculation.
- The clutch plate set consists of 4 plates with the different dimensions.
- Different type of surfaces for friction