The apparatus consists of three very important flow measuring devices which are the Venturi meter, orifice meter, and rotameter. All three flow meters are extensively used in the industrial sector. Flowmeter Measurement Apparatus is designed to operate together with a basic hydraulic bench or any water supply. It is to familiarize the students with typical methods of flow measurement of an incompressible fluid. The apparatus is able to demonstrate the flow measurement comparison by using a venturi device, orifice device, and rotameter (Variable Area Flowmeter). The flow comparison can be further used to compare against the flow measurement of the hydraulics bench which can be either by gravimetric or Volumetric Method, depending on the type of hydraulics bench in use.
- Direct comparison of flow measurement using venturi, orifice, and rotameter.
- Comparison of pressure drop against each device.
- Application of Bernoulli’s equation for incompressible fluids.
- Determination of the flow coefficient of a venturi meter & an orifice plate.
- Establishment of the relationship between flow and differential pressure/fluid velocity for venturi meter and orifice plate.
- Primary flow measuring devices, clear plastics
- Venturi meter, orifice meter, rotameter
- Differential pressure measurement: Water manometer, 8 tubes