The experimental wall mounting setup demonstrates the relationship between tensile loading and elastic wire elongation. It enables inferences to be drawn about the physical properties. On a carrier fixed on the wall, wire specimens are hanged. Two sliders are used to attach the bottom ends. A traverse connects the wires and makes it possible to apply an even load. The traverse supports a set of weights for loading the wires. The moment lever, which has a dial gauge, can be used to measure the elongation of the wires as a result of the tensile tension
- Elastic elongation of metal wires subject to tensile force.
- As a function of the load.
- As a function of the diameter of the wire.
- As a function of material (Copper, Aluminum, Brass and Steel).
- Determination and checking of the modulus of elasticity.
- Wall unit for experiments on the elastic deformation of metal wires subject to tensile force.
- Loading of wires using a set of weights.
- Wire length 1000mm.
- Wire diameter, 1~ 2mm.
- Material: Steel, Aluminium, Brass and Copper.
- Load application: direct load.
- Measuring device equipped with vernier gauge.