This apparatus is very simple and easy to operate and used to determine the flow rate of a fluid in a pipe. Students can measure static head distribution along an horizontal Venturi Tube.Venturi Meter has been designed for students experiments on the application of a venturi. The venturi test piece has a circular cross section and is accurately machined from clear acrylic material with pressure measurement tappings at the convergence, throat and divergence sections. In order for students to be able to run experiment on the venturi meter, it shall be use with Hydraulic Bench.
- Tube as a water flow meter and determination of the flow coefficient.
- Establishment of the relationship that flow is proportional to the square root of the pressure drop between entry and the venturi throat.
- Observation of degree of pressure recovery at the end of the divergent section of the venturi tube.
The venturi meter is made of transparent acrylic with the following specifications:
- Throat diameter: 16 mm
- Upstream Diameter: 26 mm
- Designed Flow Rate: 20 LPM
- There are 8 manometer tubes; each length 300 mm, for static pressure measuring along the venturi meter.
- The manometer tubes are connected to an air bleed screw for air release as well as tubes pressurization.
- The baseboard is HDF and designed with 4 height adjustable feets to level the venturi meter.
d) Control valve
- One control valve is installed at the venturi discharge section for flow rate control.
- Hose Connections are installed at both inlet and outlet. The venturi meter may be connected to the system with water source via flexible hose.