The Lysimeter consists of three containers in which a variety of crop types can be grown in any soil type.Each container can then in turn be placed on a hydraulically mounted plate, which is used to monitor system weight changes arising from evapotranspiration.Despite its simplicity, the apparatus has a high degree of sensitivity and may be used for student project work as well as for demonstration purposes.
- Use Lysimeter apparatus
- Determine plant water usage
- Understand the relationship between reference maximum and actual transpiration
- Base and inner disc to support soil filled container and plant, resting on a hydraulic sensing device located in the base that is connected to a graduated water column mounted above the lysimeter.
- Base and inner plate fitted with load cell so that the evapotranspiration effect can be noted via weight analogy.
- Complete with spare plant containers.