The unit Marcet Boiler is designed for the students enable them to study the basic principal of thermodynamics which is boiling phenomenon. The unit is capable to find the relation between the pressure & temperature of water during steam generation. The temperature & pressure are monitored by digital indicator & a Bourden Tube Pressure gauge. A temperature controller and pressure relief valve and digital pressure switches are fitted for safety devices and the system against overpressure. The Marcet Boiler is a bench top unit designed for the demonstration of the basic principal in Thermodynamics studies which is the boiling phenomenon. Students will be able to study the relationship between the pressure and temperature of saturated steam in equilibrium with water. The saturation pressure curve can be determined at the pressure within 10bar (145lb/in2). The unit consists of a stainless steel pressure vessel fitted with high pressure immersion electrical heater. The unit also comes together with a safety relief valve, digital pressure switches temperature and pressure measuring devices. Water feed port is installed to allow water Charging.
- Demonstration of relationship between the pressure and temperature of saturated steam in equilibrium with water in closed system.
- Demonstration of the vapour pressure cure.
- recording the vapour pressure curve of water
- Measuring a vapour pressure curve for saturated vapour
- Pressure boiler with insulating jacket
- Temperature limiter, Two digital Pressure switvhes and Mechanical safety valve to protect against overpressure in the system
- Bourdon tube pressure gauge to indicate pressure
- Digital temperature display
- Heater selector to adjust the heater power