In most of the industries like Power Plants, Processing plant and many other industries as well as heating the building and home we used steam. To produce the steam, we required the steam boilers which convert the water to steam using different heating sources like GAS, OIL, WASTE HEAT RECOVERY, SOLID FUELS like wood, coal and many other type of fuels. The study of the steam boiler is an important engineering field so that the engineers should be well aware about the steam pressure and temperature relations and the safety and other operational requirements. With this Training Steam Boiler apparatus the students can study the comprehensive parts and working principle of boiler operation and safety. The boiler in this apparatus is a Vertical Type Water Tube Boiler. In this the water is moved in the tubing and the heating source (burner) is installed in the circular bundle of tube. The heat from the fuel transfer in the water which is inside the tubes where the hot water is self-circulated. The boiler is 3 pass water tube type where the output steam generation capacity is approx 100kg steam per hour. The Boiler unit is consisting of the below mentioned items and mounted on a single skid as a package type.
- Understanding the parts and construction of the package type Steam Boiler.
- Study of the construction of a multi-pass water tube boiler.
- Recording the Vapor Pressure Curve of Water.
- Relationship between the Pressure & Temperature in a close system.
- Temperature and Pressure Measurement.
- Boiler efficiency.
- Heat transfer in the condenser.
- Condenser efficiency.
- Gas fired steam generator for generation of steam
- Burner in the steam boiler controlled by a pressure control system
- connections for steam supply
- condenser as a thick-walled cylinder with water-cooled tube coil
- Temperature Measurement at different points of condenser (Inlet & Outlet).
- Flow measurements of condensing water.
- closed-circuit feed water supply
- sensor for temperature, pressure, flow rate