A destructive testing technique used to examine the plastic behaviour of materials is the torsion test. In actual use, this test procedure is used to examine parts like screws, shafts, axles, wires, and springs that are twisted in their application. Torsion experiments in which specimens are loaded up until they break are permitted by the SM-1406A experimental equipment. The experimental sequence may be seen in all of its details and phases thanks to the clear architecture and straightforward operation.In the experiment, metallic specimens are bent until a normal shear fracture causes them to break. A handwheel and worm gear are used to manually apply the twisting moment. The base plate is strengthened in torsion. A moment-measuring shaft with strain gauges is used to measure the actual twisting moment, which can then be seen on a display. An incremental encoder can both read and store the twisting angle. The measured numbers are sent directly to a PC where the programme may analyse them (optional).The delivery’s scope includes specimens made of various materials and in a range of lengths. On the sturdy frame, the measurement device can be adjusted to accommodate various specimen lengths.
- Torsion tests with different materials and load until specimen fracture.
- Determine the twisting strength.
- Plot the diagram of twisting moment over twisting angle Iinfluence of
* specimen material
* specimen cross-section
* specimen length
- Torsion tests with different metallic specimens to fracture.
- Manual generation of the twisting moment by means of handwheel and worm gear.
- Specify the input angle via handwheel.
- Long and short specimens of steel, aluminium, brass.
- Movable measuring device for different specimen lengths.
- Measure the test moment by means of straingauge measuring shaft and measuring amplifier.
- Strain-gauge measuring shaft with compensation for inherent deformation.
- Twisting angle measured by incremental encoder.
- Electronic measuring amplifier with touch panel to display twisting moment and twisting angle.